[SCCC] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Next Webinar

Michael S. Mitchell w6rw at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 9 16:28:52 PDT 2009

There are several of us around that operated W6ANN/W6BA in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Jan, N6AW organized most of the MM efforts. I remember one year in the 60s when it was W6ANN, Phil Goetz, Jerry Hagen N6AV (WA6GLD in those days), Tom K1KI (WB6KIL in those days) and myself (WB6FCE in those days).

We started to get really big scores when Danny N6MJ and Doug N6RT started operating with us. One year in the 90s we came really close to breaking the K6UA W6 CW record. Of course log checking was a lot less sophisticaed in the K6UA days. And in 1998 we broke the Multi 2 W6 record in the ARRL contest at W6BA using my callsign, W6RW.

Bill Adams' QTH was excellent!!!!