[SCCC] AC6T -CW Sprint

Steve Long ac6t_2 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 13 21:35:31 PDT 2009

AC6T @W6RFU

  BAND   QSO DUP S/P DXC  POINTS
--------------------------------
    80    	   66        1      1   0      66
    40      121       0     12   0     121
    20       64        0     28   1      64
--------------------------------
	251        1     41   1     251
================================
       TOTAL SCORE : 10 542

Well, I will gripe a little bit.  This was the worst sprint that I
have done in at least 15 years,
I found 20m to be very disappointing.  The big gun stations were loud
as usual, but the
rest of the sigs were weaker than usual and the band seemed to drop
out very early.
I did not feel loud, as I was getting beat out easily on S/P.  40m
was somewhat better.

I forgot to ask facilities to turn off the cooling tower so the QRN
was terrible.  S6 on 20
and S9+10 on 80.  The K3 NB was of little help; only by narrowing the
BW to about 200HZ
was I able to copy any of the weaker stations.

I guess it will take some time to get used to not being a guest op at
N6VR or K6DC.
Will I see 300 at UCSB?  Maybe next time?

K3
SB220.
C4SXL @ 130ft.

Steve