[SCCC] 10Meter SOHP KI6VC

Vic ki6vc at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 19:59:59 PST 2010

ARRL 10 Meter

Call:       KI6VC
Station:  KI6VC
Op:         Himself
Class:     SOHP
Mode:     Mixed
Exch:      CA
Time:      5 Hrs
Club:       SCCC

               QSO      Multi
CW        193            50
SSB         62            22
Tot         255            72   16 DXCC

Station: IC 756ProIII, AL1200, F12 C4SXL @ 50 Ft
Software: N1MM

Condition were better than last year and activity was good.  Saturday morning was great with early short skip pounding in turning in some great runs.  Afternoon was weak but evening was good working east coast.  Sunday was slower with high noise.  Had monster RFI problems.  I replaced the F12 balun and the triband section has crappy SWR and tuning was tricky.  RFI took out my USB hub, a USB/RS232 adapter, external keyboard and inserted stuff in the entry field.  When it hit the TV I thought someone was breaking in.  I was afeared it would migrating next door.  The beam was almost useless on SSB which worked out since most of the action was CW.  DX worked was mostly SA. Didn't hear any JAs. Got to luv that short skip worked just about everyone in CO and NM Tnx guys.  Thanks to the cheerleaders. Spots help.

73 KI6VC Meko&Sparky

RF cures Global Warming...Save the world
CONTEST MORE