[SCCC] KQ6ES RAC Winter

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 19 19:52:53 PST 2010

RAC Winter Contest

Call/Operator(s): KQ6ES

Station: KQ6ES

Class: SO CW HP

Band  CW Qs  CW Pts  CW Mults

-----------------------------

   80:    6     62    2

   40:   48    352    8

   20:   56    366    8

   15:   10     90    4

-----------------------------

Total:  120    870   22   Total Score = 19,140

Between the Holiday shopping, dining, and a little work, a casual S&P for VE
stations and CQ for all callers. I always enjoy this one. 66 Canadians, 50
USA, and 4 DX worked. I'm not sure if drinking Canada Dry Ginger Ale worked
a la the N6AA method to draw the Canadians in.

I also struggled to a handful of Qs in the Stew Perry before deciding to
forget it this year. This is another one I usually enjoy and make an effort
with, but I couldn't hear very much at all and more than half the time I
wasn't heard either.

John kq6es

FT-1000MP

AL-811 400 watts