[SCCC] TBDC N6KI SO HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 02:28:39 PST 2010

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: W6HCD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 268  Total Score = 1,263

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Got to the hilltop site 3 hours later than my original plan and when I fired
up
the rig I had infinite SWR on the full sized 160 mtr dipole suspended off of
the 70 foot tower trailer. Earlier Saturday afternoon Bob N6OX and Phil
K6DLV
had taken the yagis off the tower and in lowering and raising the 160 mtr
dipole, one side of dipole became detached from the balun. By time I
affected a
repair it was 0320Z and I'd missed lots of potential Qs. I found the band
quiet
with little local QRN and fading on signals throughout the 7 hours I put in
the
chair, was very slow and minimal compared to condx in ARRL 160 CW a few
weeks
ago. Best DX was ZL3IX who's signal was a whisper. RA0FU, JA3YBK and
CE1/K7CA
sported 5X5 sigs and sigs from Carribean were weak. Heard nothing from
western
EU and east coast sigs were light throughout contest. IC-7800, Ten-Tec
Centurion Amp ( 1300W ), 160 mtr full length Inverted V dipole with apex at
70 ft.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/