[SCCC] A BAN ON HAM RADIO TOWERS - ( NOT HUMOR ) - ALL, Please Read and Forward !

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:59:12 PST 2010

*PLEASE READ AND FORWARD TO ANYONE, HAM OR NON HAM !!!!*

*( Especially if that person is in Southern CA area who might be able to
attend a San Diego meeting Feb. 25, 2010 )
*

The San Diego Planning Commission is holding hearings about a proposed
Amateur Radio Ordinance that will effectively ban Antennas in San Diego.

If passed,  the proposed ordinance force hams to spend  [upwards of ]
$10,000 or more to obtain a tower permit, restrict heights to 30’ and
generally make it impossible to get on the air.

The ARRL and the San Diego DX Club have hired lawyers and professional
lobbyists to fight this disastrous ordinance but they need all the help they
can get to protect Public Safety.

*
*

*Also, the way the ordinance is written, if you already have a tower in
place and you decide to change antennas, which hams regularly do,*

*you will in violation of the ordinance and can be made to apply for a
costly permit !*

**

*You might say, "I don't live in city of San Diego, so why should I care ?"
*

**

*Well, if this ordinance passes, it will set precedent and cities outside of
San Diego, and then model new ordinances based*

*on the San Diego ordinance !!! That you YOU as a tower owner may be
ultimately impacted by this restricted and from what the lawyers*

*helping us with this issue say ILLEGAL ordinance>*

**

*Let's not let this issue get to go into court as that will then cost hams a
bundle of money to fight the city of San Diego*

*( even though most likely illegal ! - just remember - in our legal system -
you are innocent until proven broke !  )*

**

*Even though the city of San Diego IS BROKE, they will continue to use
waste[ future ] tax payers money!
*

STOP SAN DIEGO’S BAN ON HAM RADIO

ATTEND CITY PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING

Thursday Feb 25, 2010 9:00 AM

*Council Chambers, 12th Floor,*

*City Administration Building,*

*202 C Street, San Diego, CA*

Like we did in 1994, if enough hams show up at the meeting we can stop this
disastrous ordinance.

WE NEED EVERY HAM TO ATTEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!