[SCCC] Help needed This Saturday for Boy Scout Radio Merit Badges

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:10:03 PST 2010

*PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL TO ANY HAMS YOU KNOW IN SAN DIEGO AREA
THAT MAY BE INTERESTED IN HELPING OUT - Thanks !

AD6VI Wrote:

Folks,
I know it is short notice, but I have need for help with Boy Scout
Radio Merit Badges this Saturday, February 20th, from roughly 7:30 AM
to 5:30 PM.
My understanding is that lunch is included.
The Merit Badge Jamboree will be in the Allied Gardens area, adjacent
to the Allied Gardens Recreation Center in San Diego.
You do not have to be a Certified Merit Badge Counselor for this.
I am specifically in need of Amateur Radio operators willing to coach
small groups of Scouts during real (third party) or simulated 10 minute
QSO's.
If you can help, even if just for a few hours, please contact me at
619-219-1718.
Thanks,

ARRL San Diego Section
Section Manager: Steve M. Early, AD6VI