[SCCC] ARRL CW DX - N6WIN SOHP

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 18:20:49 PST 2010

                  ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN
Station: @W2IJ

Class: SOAB HP, Assisted
QTH: Alta Loma, CA

  160:   0        0
  80:    15      10
  40:  98        56
  20:  17        16
  15:  13        10
  10:   1           1
-------------------
Total:  144    93  Total Score = 40,176

After seven years of inactivity I am happy to be able to post here again.

I went to W2IJ's house in Alta Loma throughout this past weekend to play around in the ARRL DX CW Contest. My goals were to finish DXCC on 40m, grab 10 new DXCC countries, and learn to make contest exchanges in cw. I fell short on the 40m DXCC goal, but I was able to accomplish the other two goals.

ARRL DX CW Contest:

144 cw qso's total

56 countries worked on 40m, 10 additional countries on other bands for a total of 66 DXCC countries worked cw. (new 40m dxcc total is 81, up from 41 before the weekend)

The above includes 15 qso's on 80m cw with 10 DXCC countries worked (Caribbean, HI, AK) from home on the 80m trapped dipole at 30' and 1000 watts.

Other operations:

10 brand new countries worked between the contest and ssb from W2IJ's house. New DXCC total is 229.

Tim, N6WIN.