[SCCC] NAQP KI6VC

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Sun Jan 10 14:46:31 PST 2010

NAQP JANUARY CW

CALL:       KI6VC
STATION:  KI6VC
OP:     Himself
Class:    SO LP
Time:     5 Hrs
Exchange: VIC CA
Club: SCCC Team 5

         Qs        Multi
160    0
 80     0
 40     57          28
 20     76          33
 15     18          12
 10     0
_____________________
         151        73
Claimed Score 11,023

Station: 756ProIII, F12 C4SXL @ 50Ft Software miLog

Comments:

I thought this was where the roofing filter I put in the ProIII REALLY pays off.  Bob K6ZZ moved to
within an RF mile.  The first on-air checks were not encouraging.  We measured sig levels in smoke
columns.  Of course ol Bob'o needs to take the new shack for real spin...been lay'en low not to spook
the neighbors... so we just let fly. Surprise! no smoke no blasting my spec an.  He was no louder than some
of the TX stations...sure 40 over but we can both play in this sandbox...at 100 watts.  Of course 'ZZ could have
been QRP and I toasted his stuff.  Probably not.

Trying to ditch the "not the CW op" thing but this time the hitch in my get-a-long was my back.  Strained it
moving the AL-1200 Friday nite then finished it off helping the neighbors pack Sat morning.  By 1800 Sat
I was reduced to short spurts of S&P recovering with a heating pad on the bed.  Even a heating pad in the
Ops chair didn't help much.

The contest was well attended and band conditions were good.  I missed most of the short opening on 15.
40 has been improving working the east coast well before sunset. I missed 80/160 but I bet it was good.

Plan here is to avoid picking up anything over 12ozs until after NAQP SSB this weekend..
.
.
.
ok maybe 750ml but with backbrace.