[SCCC] FW: Yaesu rotor conversion to 220 volts

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 13:43:12 PDT 2010

Hi, Marko.

I have a Yaesu G-1000DXA, which has the same manual and schematic as for the G-800DXA.  The schematic shows a single primary winding on the power transformer, and the manual refers to the AC voltage for which the unit is marked.  (My controller is marked "117 vac".   It looks to me as though the unit is not designed to be switched from one input voltage to another and that any conversion would require relacement of the power transformer.  Assuming Yaesu follows the same design philosophy for the G-450A / G-800SA, you should probably order a unit built for 220 vac.

If that's not possible within your time constraints, you might run the 117v unit off a 240 :120 transformer.  It draws only one Amp at 120v, so you shouldn't need "big iron" to do the job.

73,

Marty N6VI