[SCCC] Rotator Cable ( Light Duty ) - Direct Bury and UV Resistant Available

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:18:59 PDT 2010

A Ham friend in San Diego area has available NOS ( Mfrd in 2002 )
Consolidated Brand cable that would work
fine for 6 or 8 wire rotators. It is much better quality than the common
inexpensive rotator
cable offered and can be direct buried and has great UV resistance so would
also outlast most inexpensive rotator cable.
( Cable was stored indoors )

Since it is 2 18 AWG and 6  22 AWG stranded, it will work for up
to 100 foot runs fine and longer if you have light antennas ) like 6 or 10
mtr Yagi etc )

Also could be used for SteppIR antenna control wire if you parallel 2 runs
of it.
( My SteppIR control cable is starting to harden after 4 years of use so I
and another
SteppIR owner are thinking of using 2 paralell runs of this cable to
replacing our aging cheap quality
SteppIR control cable.

See Jeff's ( KE6L ) ad below - he has it listed at www.eham.net

*For SDDXC or PARC members I would be glad to pick you cable up and break to
next meeting.*

73, Dennis N6KI

*Consolidated Rotor Cable <http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/312549>*

Industrial Cable for use as Rotor Cable or other application: 2 conductors
of AWG 18 and 8 conductors AWG 22, all stranded.

Black TPE UV Jacket plus heavy duty foil shield and drain wire
(uninsulated). This TPE jacket is suitable for direct burial,

and stays flexible at cold temps. Nylon cord for pull strength. *
*

**

*You can see the label from the spool at www.jenmat.com/label.jpg. *

You can purchase any length at just 35 cents/foot. 4500 foot spool. Prefer
local pickup in San Diego, but I will ship. Yes I accept Paypal!