[SCCC] 40M RFI from Ooma VOIP phone hub - HELP!

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 21:33:25 PDT 2010

Hi, Dennis and SCCC'ers.

I sent ARRL Lab manager Ed Hare W1RFI an inquiry about the problem you reported.  Despite the late hour on the East Coast, I received a very prompt and thorough reply, which appears below for the info of those concerned over the issue.

As ARRL members, you have a valuable resource in Ed and his staff.  Don't hesitate to report such matters to them if you can't resolve  a problem or are uncertain as to how regulatory limits might come into play.  Ed sits on IEEE's Electromagnetic Compatibility Standards Board, and he is well known among those in the business.  (His influence is a major reason that later-generation BPL systems - may they rest in peace -  do not interfere with Amateur HF bands.)

73,

Marty N6VI

.