[SCCC] KI6VC WPX SSB

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Sun Mar 28 19:59:14 PDT 2010

CQ WPX SSB

Call:        KI6VC
Station:   KI6VC
Op:          Himself
Class:     SOAB HP
Time:       6.5 Hrs
Security:  The Contest Dogs of Doom

Band        QSO        WPX
160             0                0
 80              0                0
 40              0                0
 20              250            130
 15              230            105
 10                0                  0
======================
                    480            235    Claimed score 155,335
                      +3 dupes

Station:    756ProIII, AL-1200, F12 C4SXL @ 50Ft.  Software N1MM

Comments:
What's that about "The best laid plans of mice and men..."??  The plan "was" to pound WPX for max hours and double last year's Q count.  BUT a few hour b4 the start I was attacked by vacationing river pirates who beat me with fists full of Benjamins forcing me to sell my RV...which was 4sale. So I raked up all that filthy lucre and instead of flushing Qs on 15 I spent the evening flushing water lines and installing batteries and such.  Early Saturday morning I had to tow the rig to Lancaster setup and demo everything.  I didn't get into the swing until late Sunday morning.
Band conditions were good and activity was hot.  While I saw openings on 10 I was content with the super runs on 15.  20 was well 20 pack to the rafters.  There were good openings to EU & SA on both bands with AS and South Pac were really booming on 15.   JAs are the norm on 15 but this time Diggers came a-call'en.  Since all chances for a personal best were out the window, I worked with the all the super-wiz-bang gizwacky stuff in N1MM.  I was really surprised at the number of ops who commented on the "robo" voice keyer  S/N report.  I had to re-record the #  wave files several times to get it sounding half way natural.  I've sipped the Cool-Aid there is no other contest software... I'm one with the MM.

73
Vic Sadesky KI6VC
Cal City
"Our doubts are traitors,