[SCCC] WQ6X WPX SSB MS AB HP ( at W6HCD )

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:05:24 PDT 2010

Hey Dennis,
     Dick, W6TK, here.  Don't believe we have met personally...but always
see your scores in SCCC Reflector...thanks for being there and very
engaged!  I am about ready to put up a 4 ele SteppIR....upgrading from my 3
ele HyGain Explorer 14 which has been up for yrs.  The Explorer 14 works
well...but time to upgrade, plus I got a great deal from a local who wants
to go back to monobanders.   Wonder, how you feel about using the SteppIR in
contesting...especially when changing bands...did you have to wait very long
for antenna to retune, etc?  Also - when moving up and down the band does it
keep retuning - and do you have to wait for antenna to stop tuning before
you transmit.  Bottom line...does the "retuning" time seem to make much
difference in your contesting practices?   Just curious about your
thoughts/comments.   Thanks

Dick