[SCCC] SS CW W6PH SO HP

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 11:22:35 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

 Call: W6PH
 Operator(s): W6PH
 Station: W6PH

 Class: Single Op HP
 QTH: Lone Pine CA (ORG)
 Operating Time (hrs): 18.9
SO1R

  Band  QSOs
 --------------------
   160:
    80:   146
    40:   380
    20:   485
    15:   104
    10:
 ------------------

 Equipment:  TS-930S AL-1200 CT9.57

 Antennas:  40-2CD at 60 feet (AB-577 mast)
                  80 m half sloper on 40m mast
                  3 el 20m monobander at 60 feet (second AB-577 mast)
                  A3S at 45 feet (permanent antenna)

 I was only planning to operate for a few hours to test some changes in my
 antennas.  But I was having such a good time I stayed with it for 9 hours
 and quit at 600 QSO's Saturday night.  The next morning I went back out to
the
 shack to find the last three sections (VE4, VO, KP4) and do a little more
 operating. Everything was working so well that I operated another 10 hours
and
 picked up the last three sections.  Everything worked perfectly.  But I
would
 have done a few things differently if I had been more prepared.

 The antennas are Field Day style and go up two days before the contest
 winds permitting.  This time they went up on Saturday morning and came
 down on Monday.

 This is only the second time that I have swept in 53 years of on and off
 Sweepstakes operating.

 No phone SS.  Saving my wild cards for CQWW CW.

                 73, Kurt, W6PH