[SCCC] AL-1200 Amplifier For sale

W6SX Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Thu Nov 11 15:24:25 PST 2010

Ameritron Al-1200 works fine with three exceptions.

Built-in RF Output meter gives relative indication for tuning, but
does not give accurate output power.

SSB Bias doesn't work.  I used CW position for SSB and couldn't tell
any difference in operation.

Fan is very loud.

Includes rear-panel self-shorting miniature phone jack for full-QSK
bias switching.  With no plug in the jack, AL-1200 functions normally.

For extra $75, I will include full-QSK bias-switching relay box and
vacuum-relay antenna TR box.  For full QSK, you need QSK line from
your transceiver and an RX antenna input on your transceiver.  (Or
you can easily add a low-cost reed-relay for RX antenna
switching.)  The two boxes provide smooth-as-silk full QSK.  The
bias-switching box has the added advantage of reducing amplifier heat.

Pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/StarrGarretson/2010_11_11_AL1200

$750 for the amplifier.  You pick up in Mammoth Lakes (a great place
to visit) or I bring to 13 December NCCC Holiday Dinner.

Thirty-day money back if you're not happy.  You're responsible for
getting amplifier back to me.

Email or 760-934-7665.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light