[SCCC] Another SCCC Win !

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 22:23:07 PDT 2010

The results for the ARRL June VHF QSO Party are now official, and the Southern California Contest Club has again emerged as the top-scoring club in the country!  This was a squeaker between SCCC and PVRC; the final difference was under 100,000 points.  Thanks not only to our dedicated rovers adn Rover-Godfather N6NB but also to the multi-ops, home stations and casual ops who contributed scores and put us over the top.  We are proving to be such a force that other clubs are frantically adding stations so as to go over the Medium-club limit into the Unlimited category to avoid head-to-head competition.  Even then, they can't escape . . . our Medium-club-winning 2.8 million was double the aggregate of the top Unlimited club.

Congratulations in particular to Carrie W6TAI, who soloed to the top rover score in the country, followed by N6NB (+ N6HC), N6MU (+NI6E), KK6KK (+KG6TOA) and W6XD rounding out the Top Five.

That's four "majors" in a row for SCCC, with two yet to be adjudicated but likely coming out the same way.  Well done, everyone!

73,

Marty N6VI