[SCCC] N6WIN LM354HD

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sat Sep 25 15:44:19 PDT 2010

BTW Tim, maybe it's too late, but you should be able to buy a 4130
mast directly from Tube Sales, or one of the other steel suppliers
you can find in the Yellow Pages.  And they will (or used to anyway)
deliver it to a residence, as long as a large truck has access on
your street.  This should be a lot less expensive than asking a tower
company to supply one, as they have to mark it up.

The Tube Sales unit won't be galvanized, but I don't consider that a
big deal.  4130 alloy will acquire a thin rust-colored patina (and
then won't rust anymore), or you can paint it before putting it in the tower.

If you talk to TS, give them the alloy and OD and wall thickness you
want, then say you want "minumum 20ft long, give me the maximum
length you have in stock from the mill."  You might get lucky and get
one 22-23ft long, that way.

BTW, tell them you want the 4130 Proof of Certification, too.

All the best,

Glenn K6NA