Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 19:57:38 PDT 2010

I think you want structural tubing (specified by OD, wall thickness and yield strength), not pipe (specfied by nominal ID).  Either 4130 or 4140 alloy will provide some of the highest yield strengths (90kpsi or higher).


Marty N6VI
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dennis Younker NE6I 
  To: sccc at contesting.com 
  Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [SCCC] N6WIN LM354HD

  . . . The key is to be on the same page with them, specifying either Outer 
  Diameter (O.D.) or Inner Diameter (I.D.)  Certain types of pipe are usually 
  specified in OD and others in ID. I've forgotten which is specified in which 
  types now.... It's also important to discuss wall thickness and metal 
  content of course.

More information about the SCCC mailing list