[SCCC] CQ WW RTTY VU2PTT SOAB LP

Prasad VU2PTT vu2ptt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:01:21 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, did not hear the left coast yet again. Must be due to
the family time breaks when I was away from the radio. Hope to hear
you all in the CW leg.

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx

  80:    0     0       0        0     0
  40:   49   139       0       30    12
  20:  120   334      16       45    22
  15:  175   491       2       63    25
  10:   16    38       0       12     6
Total:  360  1002      18      150    65  Total Score = 233,466

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Icom IC-746 PRO, N1MM Logger, Force12 C3S @ 60', Dipole for 40m, F12 Sigma-5,
MicroHAM MicroKeyer II

Yet another part time effort - intended to be a shakedown for the station
before the SSB & CW legs of CQWW. But this time the great piece of software
N1MMLogger made it seem effortless, and I was doing a lot of S&P DXing. Its the
first time that I configured most features of N1MMLogger for RTTY, and it paid
back.

Conditions were pretty good on all bands and with 100 watts I was feeling loud
on 15m. This is the first time that I worked so many different US states in a
single contest but missed some of the main openings to EU on 20m and NA on 15M
due to the usual family times.

See you all in the next leg, and watch out for VU2ABS who debuted in this
contest using N1MMLogger, FT857 and wire antennas. It was good to hear VU2LBW &
VU2NKS pounding away as usual.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT
Convener - VU Contest Group
Contest Manager - ARSI