[SCCC] NX6T @ W6HCD JIDX CW 2011 MS HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:29:05 PDT 2011

JIDX CW Contest

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, WQ6X, WB6NBU, N6NC, NN6X, N6EEG
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

 160:    1     1
  80:   44    22
  40:  182    39
  20:  208    37
  15:  213    42
  10:  140    33
-------------------
Total:  782   174  Total Score = 169,650

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Last year for JIDX Cw, Ron WQ6X and I ( N6KI ) played around and did just
over
79K points for 530 QSOS, 141 Band/Prefectures for 18 hours and this year we
decided we
would make a real effort to work as many hours and as many JA stations as
the
Bands and Conditions would allow and added 4 more Ops. For JIDX CW 2011 we
put
in 21 hours,made 782 QSOS, 174 Band/Prefectures and doubled our score to
almost 170K
points. 10 meters wasn't looking too good all morning and early afternoon
Saturday and at around 2230Z 10 mtrs opened up to Japan and we had a great 2
hour run racking up 140 2 Pointers ! In 2010 we had a BIG Easter Egg (ZERO)
QSOs on 10 ! We didn't do as well as last year on 160 as sigs from JA were
down
and we had a bit much ambient noise. I had planned to put up a 500 foot
Beverage
Wire for 80/160 mtrs but ran out of time. We only had 1 160 JA contact this
year
as opposed to 6 Qs on 160 in 2010. We pulled out 14 more Qs on 80 than 2010
and
10 and 15 mtrs were the money bands for points this year. Looking forward to
better 10 and 15 mtr opening s as we get further into sunspot cycle over
next 2
years ! Equip - K3, Ten-Tec Centurion 1.3 kW amp, 3 El 20/15/10 SteppIR @ 40
ft,
2 El 40 Yagi @ 70 ft, 80/160 Dipoles strung off 70 ft Tower Trailer. Thanks
N6OX for loan of 70 ft Tower Trailer and K6KAL for antenna/computer setup
help
on Friday, 73 de Dennis N6KI