[SCCC] Calif QSO Party - 6 and 2 meters

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 1 21:57:55 PDT 2011

I've been part of the group that goes to Imperial County each year (was
W6PT, now K6QK).  We have an excellent location, looking downhill to the
east (toward AZ).  Admittedly there's "no one out there," but in all of the
years we have set up a 6 meter station in CQP, we have only once made 1 QSO
- with another guy in Imperial County down at the Salton Sea!

Better to focus on the VHF contests in January, June, and September.  73 -
Jim, K6ZH