[SCCC] ARRL 10-Meter Contest - K6T

Ron Fitch (WQ6X) Ron at WQ6X.Info
Sun Dec 11 16:56:57 PST 2011

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6T
Operator(s): WQ6X + Visitors Kathy&  Chris
Station: KQ6ES

Class: SO Mixed HP
Operating Time (hrs): approx. 23

Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
    CW:  202    55
   SSB:   66    31
Total:  268    86    Total Score = 80, 840

I operated this event out of my friend Dennis C's QTH in Concord in honor of his late father ex-K7AYT/W6AES (sk).
I put our two visitors Kathy and Chris (a soon to be ham) to work at the operating table.  I put Kathy on the air Saturday afternoon and on Sunday used her voice keyer recordings to continue her presence on SSB.  The classic Electro Voice 664 microphone gave her voice a deeper "purr", which was necessary to snag NH2DX.
SOAPBOX: I broke Chris in to the "art" of logging QSOs by way of N1MM.  Next year he will be a full-fledged contest operator; having been "bitten" by the contest "bug" this weekend.  I plan to recruit them both for FD-2012.
once I solved the RF problem with this Inland roll-up keyboard, the rest of the contest was rather smooth.  Most of my OP time was on CW, altho I did make about half of the SSB QSOs.

It was a wild and woolly contest.

  Ron
  WQ6X