[SCCC] ARRL 10 Meters

Vic ki6vc at verizon.net
Sun Dec 11 17:18:44 PST 2011

ARRL 10 Meter Contest

Call:        KI6VC
Station:   KI6VC
Op:          Himself
Class:    SOHP-Mix
Exch:      CA
QTH:      CalCity, CA
Op Time: 13 Hr
Club SCCC
Security:  Live2Bark LLC

                Qs       Multi
SSB:     569         57
CW:      556         71
_________________
            1125      128  (93 sec  35 countries)
Claimed Score 430,336

Station:  IC-756ProIII,  Al-1200,  4 El SteppIR @ 55Ft
Software N1MM Ver 11.10.03

Notes:
It's been a long time since 10 was this good!!  Activity was super in both CW and SSB but CW seemed to be the favorite.
Some not alot of DX.  North EU in the morning with some AF, mostly EA8s but a few ZSs  and lots of SA and AS in the
afternoon. Only worked one new one but lots of band/mode and challange points.  Only worked 2 XEs they were loud but that was it.
Didn't hear a single KH6 or KL but JA runs were great.  The only equipment problem was RF in my mike audio.  Got several
"crappy audio"  reports lots of hum.  Ended up going to the stantard  Heil DX element from the IC element. The "non"  problem
was the PC voice keyer...it lacked drive.  Just used the rig voice keyer and not much of that.  Things got going so fast the keyer
only slowed me down.   Found the true power of the SteppIR...the 180deg mode is great  but Bi-Dir mode really was a plus.
Pointed it at 300deg and could work JAs VKs and Stateside...Point it 120 and work SA, States and AS.  Missed my goal of beating
my  personal best but I had some of the hottest/longest runs ever in  both CW and SSB.  When my back is feeling better I'll do the "Rocky Dance"

Stew Perry this weekend...to pooped to check out the practices session tonite.

73 KI6VC Meko&Sparky

RF cures Global Warming...Save the world
CONTEST MORE