[SCCC] W6UM ARRL 160 HP

Jeff Kincaid, W6JK w6jk at arrl.net
Wed Dec 14 09:18:58 PST 2011

We can still manage antennas, but we can't hear most of the calling stations any more.  :(

I built a K6MM-style HWV this year, and while I dislocated my right shoulder putting that sucker up, it seemed as though I was being heard better than ever.  But with a 10-over-9 noise level the going was pretty rough.  Next project:  a better receiving antenna.

Highlight of the weekend:  CE1/K7CA came up to the noise level for about 90 seconds, and I worked him on the first call.  [Big Grin]  Thanks for the new band-continent, Vern!

Jeff W6JK