[SCCC] More than just scores

rgrubic at aol.com rgrubic at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 18:57:08 PST 2011

Hi guys and gals,

Since I've been embedded in this thread, I'd like to add something I normally would not have posted, but now it seems appropriate.

I have chosen to post my beginner / little-pistol contest results and soapbox comments on this email list (right next to those of the big-gun super scores) for a couple reasons: I have REALLY enjoyed CW contesting since I got into it just several years ago. And I feel good about my progress.

Everyday (literally) I practice to improve my CW skills. And, I hope my simple postings will encourage other non-big-gun hams on this list (I assume there are some new people on it like me) to also share their enthusiasm and enjoyment with others--be it on this list or in real life and not feel alone.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere and you usually don't hear "comments" from beginners. I find it very educational to hear from ops of all levels on this email list. I've learned a lot from it. And since I can contribute to this sharing (albeit from a beginner who's getting more experience as the months go by and must use a simple station with an indoor dipole :( ), I unashamedly post my thoughts and contest results.

And, it has been nice to personally receive encouraging comment from some of you, both on and off this list.

Thanks for everything. Have a very happy holiday.

73,
Bob, NC6Q
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T