[SCCC] 160M residential lot antenna

Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ k6zz at ccis.com
Tue Feb 1 19:27:51 PST 2011

Tim,

Try shorting the center conductor to the shield on your 80M
Inv Vee feedline and tune it with your tuner.  Acts somewhat
like a vertical with top loading.  I've heard it works
fairly well although I haven't tried it yet myself.  I'm
sure it's better than loading up the XM-240.

Another option.  You have plenty of top loading, so a
shortened 1/4 sloper is also an idea.  Build one or try the
Alpha Delta DX-A.  It works pretty good if you have plenty
of top loading and a good ground path down the tower.
Attach a braided stainless steel strap or similar to your
mast and to a tower leg above the rotator.  That ensure a
good connection to the top loading.  Since you are using a
crankup, you may want to drop a ground line down the side
(or inside) the tower from the top to the ground system at
the bottom as well to ensure you have a good path to ground.
 You could shunt load the tower as well, but to really do it
right, you would need to run all your feedlines and other
cables through the inside of the tower which is a pain.

73, Bob K6ZZ