[SCCC] NA Sprint CW W6PH HP

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 10:07:09 PST 2011

NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

80:  101         3      1.3
40:  101        12     1.6
20:    72        27     1.1
Total:  274    Mults = 42

Total Score = 11,508

Comments:

Equipment:  IC-781 AL-1200 CT-DOS 10.04
Antennas:  A3S at 45 feet, MA8040V

I wasn't really planning to be in the Sprint so I didn't get on a team.

In the past I have been intimidated by the Sprint and have only been in a
couple of them.  This was a last minute decision to operate and I think I am
starting to get the hang of it.  It was fun.  I think I will do it again.

Two band changes similar to what everyone else is reporting.  This is the
first time I have used the MA8040V at this QTH and it seemed to work very
well.  I put it up Saturday morning for the first time as all my other
antennas are
down for the season.

Hour 1 - 66
Hour 2 - 72