[SCCC] Don, K6RV, Needs a Ride from Visalia to Ontario Airport

Bill Kendrick kendrick.w at ca.rr.com
Thu Feb 24 13:53:26 PST 2011

From: "Donald, K6RV" <K6RV at earthlink.net>

Date: February 23, 2011 12:27:39 PM PST

To: secretary at scdxc.org

Subject: Visalia Int'l DX Convention

I am a former NCDXC President (in the 70's) and have not been to a DX
convention for 30 years.  I retired to Austin, TX, 6 years ago, and decided
I better go back to the DX Convention one more time while I can.

The reason I am writing is to ask if you would put on your reflector, or in
your newsletter, that I need a ride on Sunday, April 17, after the
breakfast, from Visalia to the Ontario Airport.  I will gladly pay my way
with a tank of gas.  You probably will have a lot of people who will be
going by the Ontario airport on their way home.

Basically, there is no way to get from Visalia to Ontario at any reasonable
time, or at any reasonable expense.  There is a commuter airline out of
Visalia, but it only has one flight on Sunday, at 6AM.  There are no direct
flights out of Fresno.  I tried to rent a car in Visalia to drop off at
Ontario airport, but they want $134/DAY for the privilege of picking it up
in Visalia and dropping it at Ontario.

I am going to visit my brother in Apple Valley, and will then fly out of
Ontario back to Austin.

Appreciate your putting my request out to the So. Cal. hams.

Thanks and 73,

Donald K6RV (formerly W6MAV)