[SCCC] Egypt Internet BLOCKED - Ham Radio Used to Communicate by Egyptians !

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Jan 31 13:02:24 PST 2011

It's both good and bad. Good in the sense of demonstrating the "when
everything else fails" aspect of ham radio, but bad in the sense that it
might trigger a government backlash against Egyptian amateurs. I suspect
this is exactly the reason why amateur radio is discouraged are simply
not permitted in some despotic countries (P5 comes to mind). I hope that
doesn't happen, but worse things have occurred in countries where the
rule of law is at the whim of a tyrant. Keep your fingers crossed for
our friends in SU land.

73, Mike W4EF.................