[SCCC] IARU 2011 NX6T ( @W6HCD) MS HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 01:21:58 PDT 2011

*Looks like a repeat performance of last year except for a few Qs this
year on 10 mtr band

I believe the rotator breaking and ruining our run of JA stations as
antennas could not be pointed directly at Japan
on Saturday night caused the score loss of 7,000+ points UNDER last
years score !

JA QSOs were worth a LOT of points !

(Within 30 minutes after I left W6HCD site to go over to K6NA site
( running W1AW/6 CW Mode MM effort ) the tail-twister Rotator gave up
and I could not advise my crew how to release the rotator and turn
antenna manually
to get antennas pointed at japan during prime JA run times Sat nite
and early Sunday morning !

Saturday afternnoon, I put a newbie aspiring contest SSB Op in the Hot Seat
and I have to say that Mike N6OHS did very well with minimal direction
from his menacing teacher
( I have been reported as having the tact of Atila The Hun when I
train my new contest Ops ! )

73, Dennis N6KI

IARU HF World Championship** 2011

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): WQ6X, N6KI, K4RB, NN6X, N6EEB
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   46      8      7       2
   40:  233     27     23       6
   20:  387    223     34      36
   15:  133     32     14      11
   10:   20      0      6       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  819    370     84      58  Total Score = 460,506

 IARU HF World Championship  2010

Call: NX6T

Operator(s): N6KI, WQ6X, K4RB, AF6WF, K6KAL, W2PWS, NN6X

Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP

QTH: SDG

 Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs  Zones  HQ Mults

-------------------------------------

  160:    0      0      0       0

   80:   13     25      8       3

   40:   93    151     20       6

   20:  337    273     35      31

   15:  110     19     15      18

   10:    0      0      0       0

------------------------------*

*-------
Total:  553    468     78      58  Total Score = 467,002

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Looks like we had a good balance of CW and Phone QSOs !  553 CW  vs  468
SSB  = 1022 QSOs

We Beat  Our 2009 Effort by 83,000 points even though we had almost 100 QSOs
less than last year !
We had 13 MORE ZONES and  1 MORE HQ Stations compared to last year and I
think we made
quite a few more 5 point QSOs by working more stns on another continent
*

*
**
*