[SCCC] Fw: NAQP RTTY KQ6ES Single Op LP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 17 08:47:36 PDT 2011

 North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KQ6ES
Class: Single Op LP

 Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
   80:    0     0
   40:   55    22
   20:  134    41
   15:   37    22
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  226    85  Total Score = 19,210

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:
I had to be off the air before 9pm. That hurt my low band numbers a lot. 40 was very noisy and I heard nothing workable on 80m before I quit. Normally for me this contest is just a steady plod, but this time it was many short runs and good S&P periods followed by long stretches of nothing. Anyway, this was a personal best for me, and I expect to go way past it next time. NA DX worked: XE and HI3. Also worked an SV2, a brand new one for me, although the call doesn't show up anywhere, so hopefully it's legit.
My previous computer bit the dust recently, this one is a hand-me-down is much more RF resistant, allowing me to run the full 100 watts for a change. I'm not properly set up yet, still running MMTTY and the logger separately, one on each half of the screen. Oddly, my brain works much faster with MMTTY on the right.

John kq6es
FT-1000MP
Cushcraft A3 at 20ft
Butternut vertical