[SCCC] SCCC Digest, Vol 103, Issue 18

Art K6XT k6xt at arrl.net
Tue Jul 26 12:20:41 PDT 2011

Bob
On errors I often do a CTRL-W and start over from memory. You are right,
one mis-step while correcting and the logger is likely to send you down
a road that takes two or three Q's of time to straighten out. I find by
then I'm so frustrated I forget what should be entered.

I touch type numbers. My fingers know when I've screwed up. I didn't do
much by way of being smart in high school but the one really useful
class was 9th grade typing. Learning to touch type is IMHO essential.
Although there are some mity speedy hunt and peckers out there.

The numbers take all that care because of the 6,7 and 9,0 keys. The rest
are extensions of the letters below. I bet if you analyze where most of
the mistakes are it will be on those keys. Always keep in mind the
QWERTY keyboard was purposely designed to frustrate and slow down fast
typists because the typists were jamming and breaking the mechanical
lever setup of early typewriters.

One thing you might do - and this isn't easy, I've tried without any
particular success- is switch to the Dvorak keyboard. This system was
designed to facilitate fast typing.

73 Art K6XT
Allison, Colorado
"Idealism is fine," Mr Buckley said, "but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."
GMCC CWOps 728
NAQCC 1342 SDDXC

    2. CW Keyboarding Question (RGrubic at aol.com)
    3. Re: CW Keyboarding Question (H Lawrence Serra)

Message: 2