[SCCC] Getscores.com

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Sun Mar 13 07:28:18 PDT 2011

If you are hooked up to Getscores.com, are you now in the assisted
> category?  Kurt, W6PH

It is http://getscores.org/ , not .com.

As I understand it, no. It's analogous to sending out packet spots, but not
receiving them.

Looking at Getscores during a contest is on shaky ground. It gives you
information obtained from the internet (non-radio means) about how your
competition is doing. It also gives you real-time information on what bands
are open/active.

I've used Getscores when playing in a contest just to see what the buzz is
about.  I would not use it for a serious effort because of the above shaky
reasons . It's also very distracting.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light