[SCCC] W6TK

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 09:29:06 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

------------
  160:    5
   80:   73
   40:  178
   20:  547
   15:  746
   10:  284
------------

Comments:  Wow - fun for sure.  Sure different than past few years as I
compare my
band totals, etc.  Couldn't believe 10 mtrs - nice surprise Sunday
afternooon when
I was cq'n on 10  and had TZ6TR call not long after working the CR3 - then
working
several VK's, etc.  As noted by others - 20 Mtrs Sat night was "crazy good"
- Zones
16, 17 just "booming" in like locals - 20-30+ db - over 9 - and not just one
or two - but "bunches"
of them.  Fun for sure!  Obviously missed some points by not spending much
time on
160-40 - but I think I mdae up for it in quantity on upper bands.  40 was
good Sat night also -
I felt "loud" even with the rotatable dipole into EU - of course by Sat
night not as many working
all the loud EU's - but still fun.  Put in 2.5 less hours than last year but
had about 150 more q's,
around 130more Pfx's and 1+ million more points.  I am pretty sure this was
my overall best
WPX-SSB effort.  The 4 ele SteppIR works well and the old Apha 374 still
seems to squirt out the RF OK.  Congrats to N6WIN, Tim, and other SOCAL guys
with the big efforts and scores!
Several locals got on which was great to hear and see - good going Fred,
KI6QDH, and Emerito, N3ETO.  Central Coast is perking up along with the
"spots".  73's - Dick