[SCCC] Interesting Webinars ( Internet Seminars ) on DXing and Contesting + Great Web Site

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:40:07 PDT 2011

For those interested in DXing and Contesting the
Potomac Valley Radio Club Web site at

http://www.pvrc.org/

is a very informative site to visit and learn

Every month or so a Webinar on an interesting Ham Radio topic is offered
which generally last 1 hour and you may also participate in teh question and
answer segment at end of seminar.
( Requires a Computer headset with microphone or just listen in on your
computer speakers)

For Webinars that have already occurred, many are recorded and you can still
access on the site
( Left Column still - "Recorded Webinars" or see one that is coming up
"Upcoming Webinars" )
( For Upcoming ones - click on topic to get details and also sign up in
advance )

Also on site links on upcoming contests and solar Propagation etc

Check out   http://www.pvrc.org/

Today's Webinar, which I unfortunately had to miss and I hope gets posted
as a recorded one was about

Contest University -Contest Radio Performance
(NC0B)<http://www.pvrc.org/webinar/contestradio.htm>

The FT-5000 Yaesu was a top rated performer as was the K3 etc

I Have no pecuniary interest in this matter and I try to beat any PVRC
member in any contest category
or DX Pile they may compete with me in ......

73, Dennis N6KI