[SCCC] SS CW 2011

RGrubic at aol.com RGrubic at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 18:40:33 PST 2011

ARRL  Sweepstakes CW 2011
Call:  NC6Q
Operator(s):  NC6Q
Station: HOA  restricted QTH of NC6Q
Class: Single  Op All Low
QTH: Signal  Hill, CA
Operating  Time: the whole weekend, off and on
Summary
Band     QSOs    Sections
40         49
20         21
15         33
10         33
136            66     Totals
Points:  17,952
Club: Southern  California Contest Club
Comments:
Rig: Kenwood  TS-50
Antenna:  multi-band attic dipole w manual antenna tuner
QTH altitude  maybe 250 feet on eastern slope of hill
N3FJP logging  software
Far far  surpassed my first attempt at SS CW of 2009. Glad to have passed
the 100 Qs  milestone and to see the many Sections I worked as the time went
on. Pretty cool  to start approaching that magic number of 80.
During one  break in the action, it occurred to me how similar it all is to
fishing in a  river. You have the 40 meter pool over here and the 10 meter
pool over there.  And all the fish are jumping and most are biting and they’
re all making noise.  And they all migrate to the pool where the propagation
is best and the food is  plentiful. When conditions change, they all move
to another pool. The Contest  Gods caused them all to do that at 2100 Z on
Saturday. Then, at 0259 Z on  Monday, the Contest Gods caused all the fish to
stop jumping and biting, and the  waters became all calm and silent. Spooky
but  cool.