[SCCC] NX6T - JIDX SSB 2011

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:06:16 PST 2011

JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, WQ6X, K6GO, N6OHS
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

  80:   21    15
  40:  334    43
  20:   55    31
  15:  129    42
  10:  168    39
-------------------
Total:  707   170  Total Score = 152,150

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was the second time the San Diego Contest Club members worked JIDX SSB
Contest from the W6HCD site and with a more serious effort than 2010 we more
than tripled our 2010 score !

This year we set up a MULT station and though it was not manned all 30
hours,
it was manned most of the time when  2 bands were open to Japan.
Many thanks to Dick K6KAL and Rusty for help setting up the station and
Gayle
K6GO and Mike N6OHS who helped in getting antennas set up on the borrowed
N6OX
70 ft Tower Trailer which sported a 2 El Shorty 40 Yagi at 78 feet and our
80
mtr Inverted V Dipole.

Our 46 foot tower trailer already set up on site was equipped with a 3 EL
SteppIR Yagi at 40 ft,
2 EL Shorty 40 Yagi at 46 ft and a 80 mtr Inverted V.

40 Mtr band yielded the most QSOs and Prefectures with 10 and 15 also
yielding good results
in QSOs and prefectures. We never found 20 mtr band to be very productive
and
wondered if the JAs were just not frequenting 20 as much as the other bands
or
had we just spent too much time on 10 and 15 ?! We are learning how to
operate
JIDX more efficiently every year and we hope to someday break 1,000 QSOs if
Propagation continues to improve over next few years and we operate more
efficiently !

Many thanks to Wild Bill WB6BFG who towed the N6OX Tower Trailer  into the
W6HCD site
at the last minute, as Bob, N6OX , the trailer owner who normally tows the
trailer, was recovering from the flu

73, Dennis N6KI

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/