[SCCC] AA6PW SSB SS

bharring7 at aol.com bharring7 at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 07:36:52 PST 2011

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AA6PW
Operator(s): AA6PW
Station: AA6PW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
  160:
   80:   46
   40:  344
   20:  363
   15:  674
   10:   67
------------

I was able to work this one for the whole duration of the contest.  The last
mult was Puerto Rico finding Tony on 10 meters Sunday morning.  Band conditions
were favorable and there were some very big scores.  Looking back over the log
I'm sure I missed some rate opportunities on 10 meters Sunday morning.  The
first four hours of the contest was able to hold rates for over 100+ an hour.
The new Force 12 C31XR seems to be performing well.
Murphy was present in this one.  Everything was FB on Saturday.  Sunday morning
when I powered up the station the rotor control appeared to not be working.  Not
a good situation for me with the 40 meter beam directed Northeast and the high
band beam Northwest.  Upon further investigation I found the rotor was actually
working.  The controller direction indicator was not working.  With the help of
my supporting wife we were able to direct the antenna Northeast.

73,
Bob AA6PW