[SCCC] log submittal CQWW CW

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Tue Nov 22 20:08:23 PST 2011

I agree with those suggesting N1MM software. I'd heard that the learning
curve is steep, and that might be if you have never used contesting
software. I was using CQPwin (which does many more contests than CQP and is
also free), and didn't find the transition to N1MM all that steep. I also
agree that whatever software you use, you will want to install it as soon as
you can before the contest and start getting used to it. Nothing like
fumbling around in the contest while learning your software. Ahem, I
resemble that remark!

I'm not sure which of N3FJP's software you were considering using, but his
ACLOG will not be very user friendly in a contest. It's not set up for that.
It can work but you'd be much better off with N1MM or CQPwin. I use N3FPP's
ACLOG for day to day logging, and even at that, it's just okay in my book.
For contesting, I think it would really fall down compared to real contest
software.

Plenty of N1MM users here on the SCCC list that can help you if you go down
that path.

--Dennis NE6I