[SCCC] SCCC Meeting at Southwestern Division Convention This Weekend

Richard J Norton richardjnorton at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 8 11:01:20 PDT 2011

The largest Amateur Radio gathering in the division, ARRL Southwestern
Division Convention at the Torrance Marriott takes place this weekend.

As has been the practice in the past, SCCCers will meet at the Contest
Forum, Saturday afternoon, from 3 to 4 PM.

This is an opportunity for SCCC to acquire new members.  I encourage
you to attend, and help make potential members feel welcome. If anyone
is willing to host newcomers to contesting at any sort of multi-op
operation, please announce it or let me know.

Does anyone desire to bring anything up at the meeting? For example,
does anyone have a short presentation on a California QSO party
activity? The CQP certainly interests plenty of California hams.

All the major Ham Radio manufacturers will be at the convention,
together with the the local major retailers. Whether you come for the
weekend or make a day trip, this promises to be a enjoyable event.

A full program of talks and open discussions encompassing many of the
aspects of Amateur Radio is planned.

QSL checking for ARRL's DXCC and WAS awards will be available near the
ARRL booth on Saturday afternoon, starting at 1 PM.

See www.hamconinc.org for more convention details.

I hope to see you there.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA, SCCC President