[SCCC] Copying VERY High Speed CW - Good Advice or Hogwash ??? ( Not Humo...

DBellW6AQ at aol.com DBellW6AQ at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 15:28:43 PDT 2011

There actually are a few CW traffic nets.  For info, you might contact  my
friend Robert Griffin, K6YR, the Santa Barbara Section Manager.

73 and GL, Dave

In a message dated 9/14/2011 3:16:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w6sx at arrl.net writes:

On Wed,  Sep 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What has helped you increase copying  speed

Unfortunately the thing that helped me increase my CW  speed isn't available
anymore.

As KN2SSX I struggled to get to 13  WPM to upgrade. I finally made it and
became K2SSX. My very generous  parents bought me a Ranger and SX-101
(spoiled brat me wanted a 75A-4). I  started handling traffic. Within two
months my speed went from 13 to 40  wpm. It was like a miracle.

Handling lots of record traffic is a great  way to increase CW speed. It's a
pity that there isn't much radiogram  traffic around anymore.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes,  California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of  Light
SCCC mailing  list
SCCC at contesting.com