[SCCC] LDC contest results

Daniel Severance daniel_severance at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 14:13:23 EDT 2012

Hi,
  It occurred to me that logs should all be in so I checked the site and the results are already up!

  Despite only operating 22.5 hours (didn't expect to be so competitive!) I managed:
#5 in the world
#1 NA
#1 US
  The extra hour would have likely gotten me just to #4 :). I did run from CT so it's not SUCH a big feat!

  Condx were great - I operated at W1AN (CT) with a Mosley tribander at
85' and a 40M trapped 2 element beam as N6ERD/1.  A nice station but not a world class contest station by John's own admission (currently being
addressed!).
Here are the results:

http://drcg.de/dldc/ergebnisse/ergebnis2012.pdf

  Unfortunately I didn't expect to do so well so I went to bed 1.5 hours
early the first night (interesting format - 8 hours on, 8 hours off,
repeat - you operate  12 hours over a 24 hour period.  Quite a
civiliized format - I was mainly doing it as practice run for CQWW RTTY!

73
Dan
N6ERD