[SCCC] Group Buy for Ferrite Cores for RFI Solving

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:42:12 EDT 2012

I am in process of putting together a Group Buy of  MIX 31 ( Good from 1 to
500 mHZ )
2.4 inch Donut Toroids and also Clam Shell Snap-on Ferrite cores that can
be used
to snap on RG-213, LMR400 etc Diameter coax and of course smaller Diameter
cables
for your wall warts and computer cables etc.

If you have used mix 43 and 77 in teh past - this newer 31 Mix will handle
RFI issues
and balun requirements for most applications especially for solving RFI
issues  !

The Clam Shell types have been quoted at $1.38 each before amortizing Tax
and Shipping
so final price will be around $1.50 ea.( for 100 QTY)

The 2.4 inch MIX 31  Donuts have bee n quoted at $4.75 before Tax and
Shipping
so hoping I can keep final price around $5 ea ( For 100 QTY )

The 31 MIX have proven to be teh Magic Elixir for getting rid of stubborn
RFI issues
and also for making Current baluns by clamping a dozen or more in line over
your coax
feed at the antenna ( Ah for the Days when K6NA was making his infamous
AZTEC Current Balun ! )

Anyway - I am only doing local delivery/pickup in San Diego and did not
want to get involved in having to ship
any out but I was thinking if someone in SCCC/SCDXC wanted to be the point
man for Orange County/L.A.
and handle distribution of individual orders in that area at club meetings
etc _ I could pump up the volume
of my current order and have Amidon ( who has given me very competitive
quotes for a large quantity buy )
ship teh San Diego order and have teh Orange County/L/A. part of order put
into Will Call for
a Costa Mesa pickup.

So if anyone in SCCC or SCDXC wants to co-ordinate a group buy and send me
quantity needed
and the money I will deal with Amidon on payment of large volume order.

The info and  Fair-Rite Part Numbers  I am ordering are below:

For the Clam Shell ( Snap On 31 Mix Ferrite Cores )

The FT240-31 MIX FERRITE-TOROID-FAIR-RITE-P/N
2631803802<http://www.ebay.com/itm/FT240-31-HUGE-FERRITE-TOROID-FAIR-RITE-2631803802-BALUN-PA-H-F-ATU-/300766778437#vi-content>(
Large Donut )

can be seen at this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FT240
-31-HUGE-FERRITE-TOROID-FAIR-RITE-2631803802-BALUN-PA-H-F-ATU-/300766778437#vi-content

and the guy in teh UK gets $12.75 for them plus shipping !

For those having a need to make Current baluns by clamping cores on coax
or to strip RF off Coax Shield applications for 0.405 Diameter cables
like RG-213, LMR400, 9913 etc where 2.4 in. Diameter Toroid are too big
these clam shell type snap on cores work great and are 31 mix good from 1
to 250 mHz

In quantity we should be able to get cost down to around $2 each with tax
and shipping
for quantity 100

Let me know how many you want

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fair-Rite/0431167281/?qs=%2fha2pyFadugw4R90tf7msaFDz%252bYY92eTJGLBKXh30P8t7W%2fu1lbD9w%3d%3d

or go to www.mouser.com and enter part number  623-0431167281

    Mouser
Part # Mfr.'s
Part # Manufacturer
Description
Your Part# Order
Qty. Availability* Price Ext.    623-0431167281 0431167281
Fair-Rite FERRITE SNAP CASE - RoHS: COMPLIANT
*NOTE: Important !*
I found one anomaly with these and that is that if you do use them to snap
directly onto
RG-213 type coax ( approx 0.400" Diameter) or coax with the same diameter,
the plastic shell that comes
with the bead has a slightly* smaller *diameter than the hole in the
ferrite bead itself and will not allow
you to clamp the bead onto the coax until you take a pair of diagonal
cutters and trim the
plastic making the hole bigger. Just a nuisance for now as I have alerted
Mouser  and Fair-rite
and hopefully they will use the correct plastic shell in the future.

BTW, I do not subscrobe to SCDXC Reflector so if someon ein SCCC wants to
be teh point man
for teh Orange County / L.A. area order I suggest you would put contact
SCDXC members besides
SCCC members

I make not one Stinkin Peso from this group buy !

I am awaiting 1 more clubs order by next week but so far have orders for
127 of teh Large Dunot Toroids
and 159 of the Clam Shell type and I think teh pricing break pints are at
100 then 250 then 500

With a Orange County / L.A. area order added in - I expect we might be able
to get amount up to 250 each
but not 500 since Marty N6VI co-ordinarted a group by  last year of the 2.4
inch Donuts

If no one wants to be point man for SCCC/SCDXC and if you have a ham buddy
in San Diego that would pick up
your order, let me know and I can put you on my order list but as I stated
before I can not ship any,

73, Dennis Vernacchia N6KI
San Diego

73, Dennis N6Ki