[SCCC] NX6T ARRL 10 Mtr Contest MS Mixed HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:44:51 EST 2012

 ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, AF6WF, K6KAL, K4RB, W2PWS, NI6H,  NN6X, N6EEG, N6ERD
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

   CW:  800    51
  SSB:  557    43
-------------------
Total: 1357    94  Total Score = 668,670

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Best ARRL 10 Meter Contest results in a long time. Some nice DX from Africa
but
Little to no EU and only picked up some JAs late Sunday afternoon and guess
many JAs had gone to work on Monday. Very good morning runs on SSB and CW
with
high rates well over 200 QPH. Very frustrating to watch east coast guys all
working each other after Sundown and hardly anything other than locals and
Texas for SoCal hams to work. Could not work much for in the closer western
states and WA, BC and AB as I guess we never had the right skip distance.
K3, ACOM 2000A, 2 3 Element SteppIRs, 1 at 40 ft, other at 70 ft and enjoyed
using stack match and putting SteppIRs into Bi_Directional mode allowing us
radiate in 4 directions then hone in on any weak signals calling.

73, Dennis N6KI