[SCCC] [sddxcnews] Off Topic but Still Ham Radio related Query - 2 Mtrs etc in a Prius Model "C"

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 02:40:32 EST 2012

Since the new models use essentially the same "synergy drive" (the source of most of the noise, I'm told) as the 2nd-generation models, you may be able to use what has been learned on the 2003+ Prius.  A member of the PAPA System has dug into this extensively, as I recall, although I believe the result was the need for a complex custom shielding arrangement.  You might ask Cecil WD6FZA  if he either remembers who it is or will post a PAPASYS message for you.

73 & HNY

Marty N6VI