[SCCC] NA Sprint CW NE6I

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Sat Feb 4 20:32:50 PST 2012

Call: NE6I
Operator(s): NE6I
Station: NE6I with the usual handicap of no 80m antenna, and 20/40 being
super low antennas

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:    0
   40:   78
   20:   64
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:
Lots of trouble this time. The PC locked up on the very first QSO when it
didn't like the QSO with NP2X, costing me much of the first ten minutes.
Loads of QRN on 40, plus FOC on the low end, RTTY QRM as low as 7035. Talk
about compression! (Note: N6TR had a booming signal here the entire contest,
on both 40 and 20.) (Note 2: why can't the RTTY stations move back up on 40?
The band was clear above 7080.)

I am pretty disappointed with my showing this time around. I am going to
string up some sort of wet noodle for 80 in the Sept Sprint and look to get
back in the game. I do better in September anyway...