[SCCC] KQ6ES NAQP RTTY

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 26 05:11:53 PST 2012

North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KQ6ES
Class: Single Op

 Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
  80:   11    6
  40:   47    22
  20:   68    30
  15:   81    34
  10:   59    23
Total:  266   115  Total Score = 30,590

Team: SCCC #2

A personal record. I rarely want to work hard in a RTTY contest, and when I do want to, I rarely have the time. Anyway, full time the first few hours, then lots of off time the rest of the way. I did not want to adjust the Butternut 80m coil which can be tricky and is best left tuned for CW. It was not happy with the RTTY frequencies. Noise level on 40m was unusually high at S7. No odd names encountered except for Dopey. Sleepy or Sneezy would have been appropriate for me.
John kq6es

FT-1000MP
A3 at 20ft
Butternut vertical