[SCCC] NAQP RTTY K6GEP Single Op LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:10:54 PST 2012

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

   80:   38    20
   40:   75    30
   20:   81    38
   15:   76    30
   10:   74    28
-------------------
Total:  344   146  Total Score = 51,944

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

10m was pretty good, but few 1 land QSOs. Probably should have stayed on 15
meters longer.  80 was strange.  Distorted signals all over the place.
Sometimes could not copy S9 signals with all of the phase distortion.

Took a 25 minute break.  DOH!  Had to sit out last 20 min of contest.

This is my all time best for NAQP RTTY.  Previous best was 210 Qs with a score
just under 20,000.   I think my NAQP CW Jan 2008 stands as my best NAQP.  80
and
40 were as smooth as glass that year.

Note to self:  Learn N1MM call stacking.

Rig:  FT-990
Software: N1MM + MMTTY
Ants:   80 meter sloped dipole from 40 feet
        40 meter inverted vee with apex at 40 feet
        Wilson Triband Yagi up 25 feet