[SCCC] N6WIN 2012 ARRL FD 1E LP

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 04:12:38 PDT 2012

A hardware interlock makes it physically impossible for two transmitters to
transmit at once. A software interlock, as programmed in to many contest
programs, does the same but cannot account for the use of VOX or internal
DVR messages. So a hardware interlock is what one should use to 100%
prevent the possibility having more than X number of signals on at once.
The interlock is not a switch because it's function is to act as a blocking
gate to whomever might accidentally try to put an extra signal on the air.

I am not sure of how one uses a switching device in the context of that
rule though. Obviously the switch can't be competitive an antenna selector
because most groups would have had at least a couple wires, if not yagis,
running to the same radio that needed selecting (switching). The rule must
refer to something a bit off the wall that some might do?

73,

Tim / N6WIN.